Webinar: What to consider when defining your city challenge
The event helped to clarify the expectations around making an application, and enabled participants to participate in a discussion with experts from the organisations behind the challenge.
During the workshop the question “What are the most important aspects to consider when defining a challenge?” resulted in the following recommendations from the participants:
- Be clear about who will benefit from the solution when the challenge is addressed.
- Make sure the challenge is a part of a larger city initiative.
- Involve the people who will be part of the implementation.
- Make sure that the challenge does not include a hint regarding the solutions to keep an open mind.
- Be well-prepared and make dynamic strategies based on challenges.
- When defining a challenge, consider what the goal is and ensure you can measure progress so you know when the challenge has been overcome.
- Make your challenge attractive to address.
- Find a good place for testing solutions
- Engage end-users, for example citizens throughout the processes
- Use visual representation in your challenge definition to increase understanding and creative discussion.
Want more tips? Check out the Nesta Challenges practice guide.